Monday, October 8, 2007

I never could get the hang of Mondays...

Mondays suck. I go to Quantum, teach, go to colloquium, and then go to Solid State. Quantum isn't so bad, other than the fact that it's at 9AM. Solid State, however, is another matter completely. I have absolutely no idea what's going on in that class, and being from 4.30 to 6 doesn't help much either, I just want to go home and eat.


Anywho, not only was it a Monday as usual, but I got a nice little surprise in my department mailbox when I checked it this morning. Apparently the MSRC (Math Science Resource Center) isn't sufficient anymore, or students are getting stupider, or something else, because now all the Physics TAs are required to tutor for 2 hours a week in the new Physics tutoring room. It's a fairly small room, and in fact, it used to be the office for 2 TAs, but they had to be moved in order to make room for the tutoring office.
This might not seem like a big deal at first, but I'm already working more than usual because I was given an upper level undergrad courser to teach (E&M lab). Granted, I teach only that and one Gen. Phys. class, but it's still more work than teaching 3 Gen. Phys. labs.

But wait, there's more...


My solid state class all worked out a time that worked well for all of us (or at least the best we could do), so there is no "Official Time" for the class. Of course, then, I am set to tutor from 3 to 5 on Wednesdays, thus pushing our solid state class back half an hour later. So I'll have to sit in the tutoring office on Wednesdays helping students, and then sit in class for an hour and a half, and get back home even later than I already do, and I'm tired enough as it is going into the class.

So yes, today, not so fun, and tutoring promises to not be so much fun either, le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment