Monday, January 5, 2009

Really?

3 months? Really? Despite the fact that I haven't been able to keep to a decent updating schedule so far, I'm not going to give up completely. Maybe I'll give this thing another shot (or ten) and see if I can finally get it updated somewhat frequently.

In school news, I won't be teaching for Physics anymore since they want to have more seats available for other students. Instead I'll be teaching in the math department, as part of the new "Gen Ed" program. Basically, I'll be teaching the lowest level math courses. For the most part, these classes consist of doing logic puzzles. And from the way the math professor put it, it will be more like tutoring than teaching or TA'ing. On the plus side, it's a pay increase.

Once I fill out all the paperwork and pay the school, I'll be able to get my Master's diploma. I would have been able to receive it in December, but nobody told me about it, and by the time I got the paperwork, it was too late. So I'll do what I must and receive the certificate in May. I'm not planning on walking, but I do want the diploma.

As far as my research goes, I've been reading papers mainly, although I think I'm going to start doing some slightly more concrete things soon enough. The plan is for me to be done in about 3.5 more years, so I don't have any worries.

Thanksgiving and Christmas went well, especially since this was the first year that Mello and I have spent holidays together - Thanksgiving at my parents', Christmas at her's, and then the weekend after Christmas with my family again so that we could go celebrate Bopchi's 90th Birthday. Biggest ticket item that I got this Christmas? A car. A new car. A 2008 leftover Chevy Cobalt. Pretty good deal. The downside is that I now have car payments, and a MUCH higher insurance premium since this car has collision protection on it. Then again, I won't have to worry about thigns braking on it (at least not anytime in the next couple of years).

This past weekend I bought Chrono Trigger DS. Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favorite games, and I was quite excited when I heard about it being released for the DS. I haven't played too much of it yet (I'm using Mello's DS for now, and I got her Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 for Christmas) but it seems like they haven't changed too much, although I noticed that the translation is slightly different. Most of the things I either don't mind or kind of like, although I'm not sure how I feel about Gato's changed lyrics. The monster arena seems kinda of useless right now, but I like the "Extras" option from the main menu. Expect a full review when I finish it (whenever that may be).

No comments:

Post a Comment