Monday, March 31, 2008

Life - a poor substitute?

So, as Ryan seems to have figured out, life is no substitute for video games, unless you happen to live in a video game. Well, I've taken another step down that road, myself. I've finally figured out who I will be working with for my PhD, starting this summer. His focus is theoretical high energy physics, so I'll be following in the footsteps of the great Gordon Freeman, though I doubt my dissertation will be nearly as interesting as his: Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures by Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array (from wikipedia article on gordon freeman).

In related news, this year the LHC should actually be turning on, unless, of course, people like Walter Wagner get their way. Really, if I were them, I wouldn't talk about possible black holes and strangelets, I'd be more focused on the possibility of a resonance cascade.

No comments:

Post a Comment